Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Night of the Crusher

The waking nightmare of sleep paralysis propels people into a spirit world

















"As a college student in 1964, David J. Hufford met the dreaded Night Crusher. Exhausted from a bout of mononucleosis and studying for finals, Hufford retreated one December day to his rented, off-campus room and fell into a deep sleep. An hour later, he awoke with a start to the sound of the bedroom door creaking open—the same door he had locked and bolted before going to bed. Hufford then heard footsteps moving toward his bed and felt an evil presence. Terror gripped the young man, who couldn't move a muscle, his eyes plastered open in fright. "

Science News explores the creepy world of sleep paralysis. Boogeyman or Biology... you decide.

Link http://sciencenews.org/articles/20050709/bob9.asp

4 Comments:

Blogger Seeker said...

I know what that's like.
I sleep with a crusher every night.

July 13, 2005 8:37 PM  
Blogger abowar said...

Hello.

I found your blog in "recently updated blogs"

Thank you. goodbye.

July 14, 2005 4:55 PM  
Blogger High Power Rocketry said...

Really nice page with great images!

July 14, 2005 5:56 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

That same thing happened to me only I was lying in bed and I felt an evil presence come near me but I couldn't move a muscle or even turn my head or anything. Because I was lying on my side, all I could see was a fast moving clawlike shadow on the wall. It terrified the hell out of me and I still can't figure out if it was real or if I dreamt it. Either way after it left it still took at least 5 or 6 minutes for me to regain muscle movement in my body.

July 19, 2005 11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home